I really love the song Go Do by Jonsi, it is an amazing song and today it is just really inspiring me to, well, go do. To just be myself and let life come as is comes and accept myself for me, even if I have no idea who I am any more, if I ever did know who I am in a tiny fraction. This feeling of trying to look forward, move forward and live my life, come what may is usually a very rare feeling, but lately it has been pretty persistent. I am finding it a very encouraging thing, since I have been so stuck for so long.
It has been pretty hard to even think of taking a step forward since my closest friend left on his mission, but he is always encouraging me to be me, to be happy, do what I want to be happy. Jakob, you are an amazing inspiration. He will be gone for a whole other year, and it hurts so much, but I am so proud that he chose to take a path that he felt would help him in many ways, that he did it for himself and followed through. And even though we talk in emails once a week (breaking rules I guess, but that's us, brake any rules to be together some how) and through letters instead of talking every night online; which made it easy to have each other when all the world would crash down around us making it feel like the darkness is closing in and you are all alone...but then seeing that the other was there, always ready to respond, to help, to listen, to care, to love and fight back the others' demons; letters may take weeks to finally reach the other, waiting a whole week to get a response in an email...it really sucks, but even through all the time is takes, he always tells me the perfect thing that I need to hear even if it is a hard truth, he just always knows what to say, and when I get his response, his words are always worth the wait.
He is always here for me, even when it pains him the most.
His words are always encouraging, and most times I feel that he see more in me than I feel exists, but I know to trust his words, he knows me better than I do, than any one and I know that most of the time it is because I am too hard on myself and can be full of self hatred and don't know how to let go and forgive myself...I almost always expect the worst to give myself a safety net and so, when I let go and let the emotions I feel when I first read his words control my mind, the truth breaks through my dark walls, if but for a second, and that is all I need to spark growth. At least I am realizing this now...*And then I stopped writing this, cried to myself and went and reread emails that we sent and cried some more hahaha.*
Any way, the moral of this story is that I'm finally starting to feel that I have to live for myself and no one else in order to be happy and to discover who I am, and to accept the consequences as they come, and it helps like no other in knowing that no matter what I do, Jakob will always be there beside me to hold my hand, catch me when I fall, or to give me a push when I need it. I love you my soul twin, thank you.
Below are the lyrics to the song and the official music video, enjoy! I hope it inspires any one who ever stumbles onto this blog or what ever and actually reads haha.
"Go Do"
Go sing, too loud
Make your voice break - Sing it out
Go scream, do shout
Make an earthquake...
You wish fire, would die and turn colder
You wish, your love, could see you grow older
We should always know that we can do anything
Go drum, do go out
Make your hands ache - Play it out
Go march through crowds
Make your day break...
You wish silence, released noise in tremors
You wish, I know it, surrender to summers
We should always know that we can do everything
Go do, you'll know how to
Just let yourself, fall into landslide
Go do, you'll know how to
Just let yourself, give into low tide
Go do!
Tie strings to clouds
Make your own lake - Let it flow
Throw seeds to sprout
Make your own break - Let them grow
Let them grow (Endless summers)
Let them grow (Endless summers)
(Go do endless summers)
You will survive, we'll never stop wonders
You and sunrise will never fall under
You will survive, we'll never stop wonders
You and sunrise will never fall under
We should always know that we can do anything
Go do!
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Inspiration to "Go Do" Myself
Posted by Bonita Navarrete at 12:02 AM
Labels: discovery, inspirations, moving forward
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment